You have two domains yourdomain.com and your-other-domain.com and each will be two separate/independent websites from each other. Each is a fully functional domain that can be created from within your CPanel (once purchased). Think of it as having multiple hosting packages all sharing the same CPanel. You can give them email addresses, forwarders, etc. the same way you do for your main domain on the account. The add-on domain will reside inside the public_html directory of your account with the folder name you choose for it upon creation.
Please Note: While you can have add on domains, PappaPak and shopping cart are only installed on the first one. One instance of PappaPak per hosting package, not per domain name. If you want PappaPak for any additional domains you might have, each one will need its own hosting account.
- You can purchase an add-on domains through this link.
To add an Add On Domain:
First purchase the domain then configure the name server (DNS) to point to your current domain's server.
- Login to the cPanel
- Click on the Server icon located at the top menu.
- In the list on the let click on “Add-on Domains”.
- Enter the new domain that you would like to point in the “New Domain Name” field.
- Now enter the sub-directory to which you would like the add-on domain name pointed to.
- Create a password for the add-on domain. It should be 6-8 characters long and not contain the domain name.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- You have successfully created an add-on domain. The cPanel automatically sets up the FTP access. You will upload your files to yoursite.com/add-on, as cPanel automatically creates a subfolder in your root (public_html) directory for the new add-on domain.